Monday, March 26, 2007

Good Weekend

I must tell you about the amazing weekend I had! I know, I know you can't wait can you...well here it is!
It all started out Saturday morning. I had been invited to judge in a speech and debate tournament...a little intimidated i accepted the offer about two months ago. And now it has begun...I never knew NATO was so interesting!! Haha, it was a good time, though after a few hours of listening to different debaters I was becoming fairly tired and restless. Overall, it was a great experience. These kids were good, they were highschool age and i guess I was never one of the smart kids because i was blown away!! It was also pretty cool that now i had kids sucking up to me!! Good fun!
Then I decided that I would utilize the rest of my afternoon getting some work done at church. Whilst I was there I ran across one of the members of the church had we had a great conversation about everything from politics to motorcycles to God! Good stuff then I went home and made my wife dinner, and sat down for a good evening of NCAA basketball!!
I went to bed before the second game was done because i had to get up for worship practice at 6:30 in the morning. But i put it on the radio because i had to know what happened!
Worship in church that morning seemed much more lively than usual. And I had a very exciting time with God that morning which made my worship very exciting.
For lunch i went out with our youth pastor, to talk about our plans for the night of prayer we were putting on for the youth. We went to pizza hut where we terrorized the waitresses and waiters as well as an older man still dressed in his Walmat greeter getup. We had some fun with him. Jon, the youth pastor, reminds me so much like a certain cleft lip pastor of mine from sand lake MI...though Jon is quite a bit more organized!
Anyway, we spent the rest of the afternoon setting up prayer stations and different activities for the youth group to engage in that evening. All this while listening to the games on the radio!
That evening went very well. The students that we had planned on causing problems or at the very least not to be involved, really seemed to engage in the different aspects of prayer and meditation. It was very interesting, but also very encouraging to see the students "get it". That is what we have been praying for, for the students to really get and understand what we are doing and why we are doing it. Very encouraging.
After that I took Amy home early because she was having a very bad migraine...and by 9 she was out for the night. That was the only downer to my weekend.
Now...to top it off!!! After this weekend I had correctly picked the Final Four!! This is after I had correctly picked the elite eight!! So after a horrible start to my bracket I am now leading in the pursuit of a Playstation 3!!!! It is quite exciting....we will see what happens next weekend!
Now to top that off!!! My truck had died about two weeks ago, and it just is not worth it to put any more money into it. So when it has been nice I have been cruisin on my bike, but it was been quite rainy lately so Amy and i have been TRYING to share a vehicle. So...we had just looked into getting a loan to buy a car, and then at church some told us that their grandmother had died and they were looking to give away her car, it was a 97 Jimmy in near mint condition. So...i said, "LOOK NO MORE!!!!!!" Almost as loud as those caps and exclamation marks say! But I told her we had been looking for a car and her grandmother would have liked us and i promise to visit her gravesite everyday if we could have the car!!! Well, not quite like that but hey, we now have another vehicle! God is good!!
So overall, I am a pretty happy camper right now. Except I have a staff meeting early in the morning tommorow that I am not looking forward to, but hey it is all good!!!
Anyway, I have a class to go to, so have a good day all!!

Derrick

No comments: